It is hard to know where to start when it seems there are so many problems with the world. We know that Innercredits is small, so we do small things… but we do them in big ways. We treat our projects like the adventures they are, little missions that little by little will hopefully make the world a better place. We care about what we get involved in and we don’t walk away.
Innercredits is proud to be involved with the following projects as part of its programmes. You can find out how to support these projects through our supporters page.
Projects on Gili Meno and Lombok, Indonesia
- Boulongs turtle sanctuary – Boulongs turtle sanctuary on Gili Meno is more than a place for turtles – it is an inspirational story of one person just getting on with doing the right thing. You can find out more about this and the good work he does here.
- Trial marine restoration and monitoring - Gili Meno is a popular tourism, dive and snorkel destination, however like many areas it is beset by a number of issues facing marine environments around the world. With this in mind, Innercredits teamed up with the good people at Blue Marlin Dive – Gili Meno and decided to start doing something about it. Find out about their trial marine habitat and the project here.
- Sampah tidak bagus (Rubbish is not good) – Gili Meno like many islands is facing a number of issues around the management of its waste. Disposal and marine debris are very visible issues as the island relies on its beach and water as a tourist drawcard. Innercredits worked with the local community on education programmes and building foundations for addressing the bigger pictures around this issue. You can find out more on the Sampah tidak bagus page.
- InnercircleBMX – This initiative is about providing the wonderful people of Segenter, a small village in Northern Lombok, Indonesia the opportunity to utilise spare bicycles from New Zealand as trusty steeds for transport (and fun). It is awesome – check it out here.
Projects in New Zealand
- Backyardcredits - There are so many good things going on in New Zealand that they have their own section called the Backyardcredits. Heck even we are excited.